View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #35
High ho silverado

Re: How To Video, LSx Wiring Swap Harness, 99-02 Truck Harness: 4 Wire Hookup

I did my own harness and even shortened it to go inside my cab using the factory harness and new pins, I gathered info from lt1swap.com and the videos that were on YouTube and glocks build, it didn't take me long and looks a lot like the ones I've seen for $5-700. I enjoyed it and learned quit a bit, it was well worth the effort and I didn't see a single problem with my 200k mile used harness. And jus a tip, don't buy the pins from gm, they are over 2.00 apiece and come from the same place I got mine for .20 cents apiece. I'll be doing a couple more in the future and am not a bit scared to use a stock harness.

As for the 12+ wires I made mine to use the stock fuse block from my 87 fuel injected harness and even the stock fuel pump relay, it worked out perfect and looks as stock as u can get. I'm using the aluminum r4 bracket to relocate my stock ac pump to the top rite hand side of the head and it looks like it came on the engine and uses the stock ac wiring and lines. The info is out there on the web and anyone with basic mechanic ability can do it with some patience and research.

Will be doing a build thread on here as soon as I'm done collecting my parts and start the swap. STAY TUNED.
Posted via Mobile Device
97 Chevy 3/4 ton ex cab 454: work horse
00 Chevy camaro: daily driver
83 Chevy 3/4 ton: dads old rig
High ho silverado is offline   Reply With Quote