View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 01:12 AM   #1
torchlight

Marvin (1953 3100)

Hi Everyone-

I've been reading the posts here and learning a lot these last few weeks, so I thought I'd 'give back' by making some posts of my own about my truck project. "Marvin" is a 1953 Chevy 3100 that my parents bought back when I was a little baby, and that's been 31 years ago! Not sure why, but when I was a toddler and learning to speak, I started calling the truck "Marvin," so that's always been 'his' name. Been in the family ever since. I drove it in high school, but around the time I turned 18, it developed some clutch and brake problems. So, the truck got put into barn storage at the time. Has been there for the last 13 years - well it was, until earlier this week. My dad had a couple buddies help pull the truck out of storage, load him on a trailer, and today he drove north to where I live.

Once he got up here, we drove on to a local shop that I'm putting my trust in. We dropped the truck off there, and starting Tuesday, it will be completely disassembled for a frame-off rebuild. It might not be as respectable that I'm paying for the work to be done instead of doing it myself. But, I don't have the knowledge or experience or resources to even think about trying this. And, I've been dreaming about doing this for, literally, decades, and I want to make sure it is done right. So, I am handing it over to some true professionals.

I'm told this could easily be a year-plus project. That is just fine for the work to be done right. I've waited many years already, one more is no problem! I plan to visit the shop often and take many pictures of the progress and I'd like to post them here to share.

The first set of pictures from today is nothing fancy, just unloading the trailer!
torchlight is offline   Reply With Quote