Thread: 1972 SWB Build
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 10:57 AM   #183
beaterku

Re: 1972 SWB Build

Sorry, I haven't updated in a while. We are expecting a baby tomorrow. I've been scrambling trying to get everything in order for that. I have been able to work on the truck hear and there. I decided to back burner the wiring until the end. It was consuming too much time that I needed to be spending on mechanical items. Just about everything is buttoned up on the engine. I broke out the cherry picked to center and align the engine and trans. It is all torqued down now. Once I get it on the lift, I am going to check the driveshaft angles and make adjustments as needed.

I also did some measuring on the brake booster pushrod length. The Tuffstuff booster comes with a short and a long pushrod. Initially, I was going to use the short in conjunction with the Wilwood bullet. But after measuring, I found that the short pushrod/bullet combo was actually .046" too long. The long pushrod measured in at .065" short. After talking to Wilwood, the recommend .062" play so the long pushrod is the way to go. I talk a little about it in the video below.

I am officially at a standstill for a few weeks. I've got to help my oldest with his pinewood derby car. His race is on the 26th so we've got to get cooking on that.

beaterku is offline   Reply With Quote