View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 05:16 PM   #239
HO455
Post Whore

Angry Re: Working Man's Burbon

Now my plan is to split the square tubing in half so I have two pieces of channel with four inch sides. I cut the tubing to length and then split it. Then I laid out the cuts I wanted to do on the arm. I cut the channel to fit the arm before I did any cutting on the arm. That allowed me to mark the arm so the channel will fit tight. After marking I drilled some 3/32" holes from the bottom to mark where the channel was and then used them to make accurate marks on the top so I could cut from the top. I did deviate from the original marks a bit as I decided to make the shock side parallel to the side of the arm and not at a 90* which would have made things more complicated. Once all was laided out I cut the center out of the arm and finished fitting the channel in. Removing the flat bar stiffening for the shock was a pain as I didn't want to damage the arm.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote