Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 06:22 PM   #768
skymangs

Re: S10 Swap how to

I've done that on several of my builds. check out sean s -53 Chevy, cecil. basically you gotta buy a new horn retainer, drill 2 5/16th holes in it. be sure to align one hole with the factory feed wire, put the other hole about opposite the first. then you'll need to cut a small tab of 18ga. bend it in a 90deg angle, then weld it to the lower plate in such a way as that 1 piece sticks through the second hole not touching the upper plate. when you put it on, plug the ground into your welded tab. you see on the new column is energized on the top plate and grounded through the bottom. The original column energized the lower and grounded the top. we just need to find a way to reverse it. you will have to take about a 1/2" off the back of the wheel, you can use a grinder, it's just bakelite. I've tried used retainers 3 or 4 times, they never work. clear as mud, huh
for the wheel just shave it flat. I don't have a picture... then I go to the plumbing section of my local hardware store and buy a black rubber 4" pipe cap, to cover the guts of the column. here's some pictures.
Attached Images

skymangs is offline   Reply With Quote