View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 10:35 AM   #8
gigamanx

Re: Radiator Hoses for Speedway Rad + SBC 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
Looking at this side it looks like if you use a thermostat housing that angles to the side you can run a hose right around the ac eliminator and right to the inlet on the radiator real smooth.

That hose he use on the TF might work as it should be long enough to lay down and go around the eliminator unit.
I originally had an angled housing and it ran right into the bracket you are mentioning. That is an AC delete bracket for the original serpentine setup. If I remove it, the serpentine belt doesn't have the correct route.

I've cut and hacked that stupid right side bracket already just to make it fit. Supposed to be for that engine, year, and power steering, but with the S10 motor mounts, there was interference. Then the water pump side hit the same bracket so I had to cut some more. Then the top of the bracket covered one of the accessory holes in the intake manifold. It does the job and cost a whole lot less than an aftermarket serpentine setup.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote