View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 09:19 PM   #12
capev86

Re: Still need help with Blazer rear seat.

i want to add a 3rd seat to my 72 burb w/ factory full width 6 row seating. my dad put a same era blazer seat in the back of his 72 burb years ago. it was all white whereas the truck had the full 2 rows w/ white vinyl w/ blue&black cloth panels but the scroll pattern made it blend in better.

i am thinking about adapting an 80's suburban rear seat so i can have the quick removal option (my dad used special piggy back bolts on his truck). would have to cut the brackets out of a donor truck and find a way to bolt them down securely to the wood floor. you blazer guys would have to weld them into your truck but it would look factory if done right because the later burbs have the same patterned floor as the 69-72 blazer.

lmc truck sells the matching upholstery for my burb for a 3rd row seat and i the two generations have an almost identically shape seat. only difference is the quick release and side lever on the newer style seat and the armrests don't have full hoops supporting them. a little paint and the upholstery swap by a competent shop and it would be soooo sweet. some day i want to adapt the middle row to a 60/40 split fold seat too, but find some way to make the upholstery look good.
capev86 is offline   Reply With Quote