View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 07:06 PM   #187
Rufas

1963-1972 Chevy C10 - Rear StrongArm System Driveshaft issues

I have installed the Rear StrongArm System on my 1970 GMC LWB. I confirmed before the purchase that the system would work on a long bed truck. Everything bolted in without issues and appears to be of good quality. I'm using the ShockWave shocks with this system.

But I'm having a major issue with the driveshaft. When the suspension is unloaded, ie fully extended, the driveshaft hits the bottom of the center cross member. There is not any provision to run the split drive shaft with the center hung bearing that is used from the factory. I've had a one piece driveshaft made locally. The shop that made the driveshaft did not make it using a 3 inch shaft because of length. The driveshaft was made with 3.5 tubing.

I've talked to RideTech about this and they said they do not not offer any mods to the center cross member, nor any suggestion on how to modified it and were no help on how to mount a center drive shaft bearing. I was hoping for a little more customer support on this. I'm fairly good at wrenching, but welding and re-engineering suspension are not my strong points.

So at this point I'm at a loss on how to proceed with this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

350 SBC 300hp
Weiand Supercharger
FiTech EFI
Rufas is offline   Reply With Quote