View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 03:53 PM   #9
BrianG

Re: Lets talk Small Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroguy View Post
Not to insult your intelligence or anything, but have you checked how the booster is plumbed for vacuum? On my truck, I currently have both the pcv and booster pulling vacuum from the port on my fuel injection and the brakes are horrible at low rpm. If I cap the pcv and just run the booster they are great. I am waiting on a fitting to correct this issue on mine so they wont be tied together with a "t" anymore.

Just making sure you have covered all of your bases.

Another idea for a motor is a gmpp 350 ho. That's what I am running and it works great in my truck. Plenty of low end power and they are a decent price.
That is a good question. I have tried a few different things with the PCV. From everything I read, it's pretty much a necessity. I have tried manifold vacuum and the port on the bottom of my Carb, which is also essentially manifold vacuum. No real difference since they were both manifold vacuum. The PCV does eat quite a lot of the vacuum. I switched to the PCV from a 302 Camaro since that was supposedly a low vacuum engine. It didn't really make that much difference if any
BrianG is offline   Reply With Quote