View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 04:06 PM   #18
LT7A

Re: Best way of improving MPG?

1892, do you know who Gregski is on here? He has a great thread on using an air/fuel ratio gauge to tune your carburetor. Before I read his thread, I thought of those as a little bit gimmicky on a non fuel injected car. The performance and mileage benefits he's gotten from tuning are more than surprising. Actually nearly astounding. Searching other forums for mileage, MPG, hypermiling will give you a few ideas. Some people are open minded enough to understand that we want the best performance and mileage out of whatever we drive. Not just from a subcompact or a hybrid. If If I recall correctly, you have a lifted Blazer. I'm not going to suggest that you lower it, but the weight of the wheels and tires and the distance of the body above the ground have a big effect on mileage. Incremental improvements on those will show incremental gains. You can hunt down an air deflector to go under your front bumper. I like to get weather stripping and put it in the panel gaps on the front of my vehicles. Doesn't cost much, keeps the air from getting caught there, and cuts down a little on wind noise.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote