View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 08:49 PM   #61
jtp67-72

Re: 68 aka "Chained in Porterbuilt Prison"

After second round of skimming dash--Took a break and engineered the vintage air "compact" unit --plenty of air with this unit---1st had to cut out the blower motor "boot" where cowl and kick panel meet (1st pic) --then weld in a "shoe" to force any water from cowl drain "shoot" to discharge to bottom and then out---Upper cowl will be smooth so there will be minimal water in cowl area to drain--I am reworking the top of "shoot" to make sure that's where the water goes
Mounted air box so the rounded fan motor side fits snuggly into curved area in that 1st & 2nd pic---almost made for it! Notice air box does not extend in the open end of kick panel--will install a panel to hide rest of opening ---I'm running all 4 hoses out that end to a bulkhead fitting mounted in the flat bottom of cowl end--all hidden in the end by inner fender and fender--having that kick panel opening like it is I can get to top side of bulkhead thru there if needed!!

everyone have a good week....dash pics with ac vents and controls at end of week!!.............jim
Attached Images

jtp67-72 is offline   Reply With Quote