View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 10:07 PM   #98
rkn463

Re: 68 C50 Looongbed pickup build

OK, this was actually the first thing I worked on Saturday but I wanted to get you some big parts stuff to get you interested first

Since the 68 has a small block (327) the oil pressure gauge line is in a different place. On the small block it is right behind the distributor, on the big block it is down by the oil filter. I wanted to plumb some fittings up to get it closer to the original location plus I want idiot lights to back up the gauges; you can never be too careful. By the way, brass fitting are ridiculously expensive these days! In the pics you can see the before, the after with the tee in place and the spot for the idiot light sender plugged. The coupler will go at the top where you see the Teflon tape and then the original line from the 68 can hook there. I was short a coupling as my hardware store was out. Once again I took the time to paint the clutch spring and the bracket that it connects to. I don't think it will be visible with the body on. But hey, it looks good with the body off!

-Richard
Attached Images