View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 08:35 AM   #16
doug70

Re: Project Grasshopper

Not a problem Trevor, I think they understand I am not selling anything here until I get subscribed. I should take time to do that, but to busy getting things together for the build. I pressed subscribe button at the top of this screen and it wouldn't do anything. Is it not working? I still don't know what I am going to need for my other projects so I don't have anything for sale right now..

My paint scheme is just like your sig except the blue will be green. I don't have the trim and don't want to drill holes for it. Thinking about the double sided tape like newer trucks. What do you think.

Anxiously awaiting the transfer case from justchevytrucks. I got the spring packs built and have to move the rear hangers back 4"s. I asked the wrecking yard to cut the back half of the frame from the 95 and they agreed. I am using the cab and chassy fuel tank, mounts and the 95 shock mounts. Got Rancho shocks to fit the 95 so I needed those mounts. I have to move them in about an inch on the dually axle. The spring purches were just right.

I have read about moving the front xmember forward for big block installs. I am planning to use clamshell mounts on the factory 400SB purches. I plan to do this by using a 1/4 piece of plate with a bolt throuh the original mount hole. This will give me some movement on the engine location without moving the xmember. If that doesn't work, I will use the mounts from the 91 suburban and notch out the purches to fit the 4x4 xmember.

Ok, how do I put my other vehicles in my signature?

68 CST 396,th400 buddy buckets,tach dash,PB,PS,A/C Overloads...... 60K original miles unrestored still has factory assembly marks on firewall
70 Longhorn project (thats where the 70 in Doug70 came from) I would be doing this one except I want to drive the 4x4.
72 Stepside (150% complete) if they are ever complete(I am done working on this one)
67 Stepside project powdercoated frame nice cab 72 front spindles and rear end Rally wheels.
71 RS Camaro 90% done
71 L88 Corvette 50% complete
78 K5 project 91 doors, front clip,ps,pb,tilt,power locks and windows
89 Camaro parts car for above projects
74 Caprice parts car for above projects
91 Suburban parts car for above projects
many 67-72 parts trucks for above projects
And this is the short list I sold about a dozen like these last year to make room.
?? RV6 stage 1 complete(yes, that's an airplane but still a project)

Doug

Last edited by doug70; 01-20-2010 at 09:52 AM. Reason: spelling gramor...
doug70 is offline   Reply With Quote