View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #41
special-K
Special Order

Re: Erly Spring Morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrigpardo View Post
now how do they get away with it. when I found my truck or what was left of it every one had a different story I just felt like bashing skulls together at that point
In my case,I know a guy who lives next to the slime ball (Mike) who I figured got it. This was back in '92. This guy was into 67-72 4wds,which I already knew. My friend was telling me about this K/20 frame Mike had in his shop,how it had like a 4" rear driveshaft and it was an automatic with like 4.10s and how bad it would be on gas. I said,"Shoot,my old one had 4.57s and an automatic I swapped in it". That got me wondering if it was my old truck we were talking about. I gave him my VIN and asked him to get the one off the frame when he got a chance. I also said it should have dual Monroe Gas Magnums on front and a few other things I did. The cab was rusty anyway and I figured I'd let him get it all restored,then when he pulled it out I'd walk up with my title and thank him for restoring my truck. That chance never came because any time Galen went over Mike would hastily step out if the shop and pull the door down. He knew I had been going over to Galen's quite a bit. I couldn't get a search warrant on a hunch and Galen was acting like he didn't want to get too involved cuz he lived right next to this ex-con slime ball thief. One day he told me they loaded it up and took it somewhere else. I still have the title and sold the snow plow blade to my sandblaster guy to rig up on his skid loader,single the other 1/2 went with the truck. The real b!tch about is was I had scraped and scrounged all the parts and completely rebuilt that NAPCO stuff and the HO72. I slapped a freshly rebuilt Quadrajet and new battery when I ran it over to the shop to have them pull the utility bed,since it had been sitting a while. It had a N.O.S. grille & dash pad,dual batteries and alternators,and a bunch of other good parts I had put in it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote