Thread: Project "Leon "
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 05:58 PM   #114
texasld

Re: Project "Leon "

Quote:
Originally Posted by derotoreut View Post
I just read through your entire build thread. Nice work. I can't wait to watch the progress. Keep up the good work. Definitely subscribed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic1947 View Post
Everything is looking great, Mike. I know how travel can put a damper on things, but you're making good progress in spite of it. Keep it up!
Thank you, Gents!

More of this and that. So many things to do, I guess that's good because I get to bounce around and don't get to board on one thing. Like rust repair. I'm burnt on that for the moment. So, I got my core support back from my PC buddy. $50 turn key deal on that. I went ahead and hung it to get all my hoses straightened out and mount my rad. I'll have to pull it back off to clean it up. Does anyone have any upper rad brackets they would sell me. I need a set. (see the zip ties?)

Name:  Core Support Front.jpg
Views: 1104
Size:  57.8 KB

Also mounted a universal overflow bottle. I want to relocate the battery, but I'm not sure where to put it yet.

Name:  Overflow.jpg
Views: 999
Size:  59.6 KB

Pulled my headers off to weld my flanges on. Only have a MIG welder, so the welds aren't super pretty, ground those down a bit and hit the ends with a high temp paint to make them all pretty. Also took care of the O2 sensors while i had the paint out.

Name:  Header Paint w exhaust.jpg
Views: 940
Size:  30.2 KB

Here is as far as I have gotten with the Exhaust. I need to order some v-band clamps so I can pull the exhaust out if I need to. I have had to cut one to many tail pipes while doing a transmission swap in my small number of days, I just don't want to hack up mine after spending time on it. It took a bit of time to figure out all the curves for the "jog" over the tranny x-member. I think it coming out nicely. I ordered the Flowmaster u-fit kit, I recommend it. It's basically a box full of bends and straight pieces that you fit together how you want... Duh, U-Fit... once I get the v-band clamps in, I'll cut the longer of the two pipes to the same lengths.

Name:  Exhaust In 2.jpg
Views: 1358
Size:  79.8 KB

Here is the heat shield I had bent-up for my fuel pump. I used aluminum rivets for the top "holders".... BAD IDEA. I should have known. The ole steel against aluminum battle. I drilled and tapped the holes for some bolts to hold the shield in the bottom. I guess I'll do the same for the top and buy some threaded tube to protect the threads. Once I get it all sorted out, I'll pull it back of, blast and coat with high temp red paint.

Name:  Heatshield.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  34.3 KB
2010 Harley Street Glide

Check Out My Build!: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=617981
texasld is offline   Reply With Quote