View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 06:02 AM   #31
Grizz1963

Re: How many '60 and '61 "Ugly Snout" trucks survive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6066gmcguy View Post
My 1965 GMC got a 1960 GMC Hood installed. also you missing any photos of those Big Trucks, like the LCF.
Not missing them as such, was loooking at the 1/2, 3/4, 1 ton and dually "Smaller" Chevy and GMC trucks.

BUT.... PLEASE do post up any of those you feel are interesting.

I am sure most of us on here see this as a resource, so sometimes it is a photo, or learning about a C70 that makes our day.

Simple things like which badges go with which trucks or when you need to modify a latch pin, hinge etc.

I am really thankfull for all the responses on here already.

As some of you know, I have this truck on my back burner, the owner does not yet know that I am interested in the truck...... Seems he parked it up about 2 years ago as there were little niggling issues with it, and bought a modern Benz instead that he really enjoys.

It is starting to seem like a good proposition, if the price is right, to follow up on this truck, as it is halfway there, 350/700R4 combo, rear on bags, front on 5 stud, but bags not refitted after conversion..... it ha been repainted and has some rust.

This tends to be one of my worries about buying a truck that has been repainted, either in gloss or just primer/matt black, often it masks all sorts of horrible surprises.

Note the engine bay area paint in the YouTube clip.

Here is a YouTube clip of the truck, apologies for the camera and quality......

So what do you think?

Bed may be original, but needs replacing, that said, I would carry a load of anything, excluding sand or grit on it.

Seat has been reupholstered, which I personally like, my wife hates it, and wants a "Mexican blanket" in there.

Thanks again for all the responses, and keep 'em coming from your personal collections.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote