View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 09:47 PM   #112
1957 Chief
Proud Vet that loves the USA

Re: Clifford the Big Red Truck~~The Build

Gonna bump this up to the top, to show y'all what's the latest with the ole C10.

Since the last post my son has joined the USAF with aspirations of being a PJ. He has a long road ahead of him, but he is in the pipeline.

He also destroyed the TR6060 in Memphis at a track day event. Glad I had a scatter shield on the trans, or my lil boy would not be where he is now. So we changed the trans to a T56 magnum and we were driving that around.

Truck set for 3 months, so I decided to mess with it again. Been reading up and hearing a lot about these S1 Sequential shifters outta Australia. Sold some goodies that have been laying around the house so I figured, "What the heck?" Ordered it on a Friday, was here the following Monday.

The basic premise is that you pull back to upshift, push forward to downshift. I bought the digital gear readout as well because sometimes its kinda hard to remember what gear you are in. Anyways, I can tell you is is one well engineered piece of equipment. Totally impressed with it.

I have it in the truck now and I'm still lining out some details as far as shifter angle and the gear indicator location. It is also a whole new experience driving with this kind of shifter, really takes some getting used to. But its fun as heck.

Anyways, here are some pics right out the box. Ill have more pics of it in the truck in a few days.

Bubba
Attached Images

1957 Chief is offline   Reply With Quote