Thread: 55.2 Chevy 3100
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 01:08 AM   #49
Flames97

Re: 55.2 Chevy 3100

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ogre View Post
nice simple motor mounts.
when they are this easy to fabricate, makes you wonder why people buy those $79 fitall kits that still need to be welded in.
well done

Thanks _Ogre, I actually didn't make those. They where included in the complete package with the suspension. Came with all the suspension components front and rear, all the airbag stuff- tank, compressor etc, everything to do the brakes. I got it along time ago and was nice because it took care of everything and didn't have to piece a bunch of stuff together. And the price was right. Your right though they are simple and could be made easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papastrk View Post
Same thing. Am anxious to see it as a rolling chassis.
Thanks, You've been a great help. And I can't wait either. I managed to get most of the notch area welded. still have a few welds on the underside to finish but I'm going to do that until I can flip the frame over. No sense in getting welding spatter rained all over me.
I'm also redoing the center crossmembers in the frame (the two that have the rounded c-notch in them) I'm going to make a drive line loop in the one towards the rear and the one toward the front, I may incorperate into a tranny mount also. We'll see about that one though. I know people won't even see them but thats how I am. After all that the frame will pretty much be done. I want to get the box put on and figure out how I want to raise the bed floor and the mounting of the bed. Lots of options to ponder. Plus wheel tubs.

'15.5 Chevy Duramax LTZ/Z71, LML, CC/SB
'77 Chevy K10, 4" lift, 33-12.50, 350/350
'55 Chevy Short Box (In Pieces)MII,4-link,Bagged,383 Stroker,700r4,3.73posi (SOLD)
My 55.2 Chevy 3100 Build
Flames97 is offline   Reply With Quote