Thread: Wipers too low
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 06:39 PM   #1
joe231

Wipers too low

Hello everyone!

I picked up a 1996 K2500 GMC burb for super cheap. I mainly bought it for the Vortec 454/4L80E to replace the knocking TBI 454/4L80E in my 91 square body CCLB. After driving the burb, I kinda dig it. I've started fixing the issues it has. One problem was the windshield wipers didn't work. The motor ran but the wipers didn't move. Pulled the cowl piece off and found that the arm on the motor was loose. I placed the motor arm back in what I believe is the proper position and the wipers work now but they go completely off of the windshield in the down position and don't reach far enough in the up position. I have the adjustment on the wiper linkages as far as they will go in the correct direction and still the wipers are too low. I thought maybe it had the wrong motor arm, the wrong linkages, or the wrong wiper arms. I took everything to my local auto parts store, and they are all correct for this vehicle. I'm at a loss as to where the problem lies. I'm to the point now of modifying the wiper linkages to correct the issue.

Any input is appreciated!

Pic of the burb

Name:  IMG_5695.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  70.7 KB

Last edited by joe231; 09-02-2017 at 12:34 AM.
joe231 is offline   Reply With Quote