View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 11:28 AM   #41
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Bigass Farm Truck

Not a lot of progress the past couple days. I've been distracted with some new toys. Got a new portable welding table...

Got a new saw for all my fancy trim work on the house.

As for the truck, I got the transmission mount bolted up. I didn't need to move the crossmember. I just drilled a new hole. It's not directly centered in the crossmember. It's back about an inch but I really don't think it'll be a problem.

You can see that the driveshaft is looking a little too long, and I had hoped it wouldn't but there it is.

I have a couple options on the driveshaft and won't really be able to do anything until the truck is lowered. I'm planning about a 4-5" drop in the rear. There is a shackle and hanger kit for a 4" drop plus I plan on removing a leaf or two from the spring pack. That will help smooth out the ride a bit and drop it a little more.

Once that's done I'll see where the axle is sitting in the wheelwell. I may need to slide the axle back an inch or so, which will maybe take care of the driveshaft length issue. If that works all I have to do is slide back or redrill the crossmember for the hanger bearing.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote