View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 11:36 AM   #22
spacedebris

Re: New Member Saying Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
I would assume that this engine would fit in a C 10 cab the same??? I've been wanting to put one in a C10 but with a newer chasis.
To my knowledge, there is no difference between the c10 cab and c30 cab, so as far as room goes, it should fit the same. I am by far no expert on this kind of swap and I'm learning as I go, however the mechanic I have helping me told me I was lucky to have the 1 ton for this swap due to the weight of the Cummins. Also someone in the past replaced my front clip with a more modern one. I have no idea what it came out of (we are thinking a mid 70's 1 ton truck but not sure). He gave me the impression that if I had a C10 or even a C20 version I would have been in for even more challenges than I am. Just food for thought.

Also be aware, regardless of what version you have, be aware that there is a lot of fabricating, especially in the firewall and floors that will have to be done. We are still mocking it all up, seeing how much we have to cut out and then replace, and I'd say that 45% of my firewall/floor panels have been cut so far and we are not even close to being done yet.

Also, because we had to push the engine so far back, the trans cross member had to be moved. Right now we have it just clamped in place to hold the trans but have yet to determine where it will have to be located.
spacedebris is offline   Reply With Quote