View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 07:13 AM   #1003
68 TT
Still plays with trucks

Re: 1969 C10 SWB - Big Block project

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNeck View Post
We finished up the installation of the new side windows and added the door panels, NOS arm rests and door handles and window rollers today. The PUI door panels have a small embossed Chevy bow tie at the top center. I'm not sure if that's the way the originals looked, but I sure do like it!

Question: Is there a specific way the window crank should be "clocked", or does it really matter? We're thinking about turning them to point to the 10 o'clock position.

POP
I know it is a little late on the reply but I just started getting caught up on the build and had a valid comment on this that might help you or others out.

I set them up so the window crank handle knob is not at a location that the driver or passengers knee will hit the knob if it swings sideways against the door while driving around. This happens a lot more than you might think. This may not sound like much of a deal but it doesn't take long with one set up with the knob in an orientation where it is in contact with the knee to bend the window handle enough to make contact with the door panel and cause damage to the vinyl or paint and metal panel. It also loosens the knob on the handle too.

You can find a spot that does that and works for both window up and down if you drive it that way or just one that looks the best with the windows down for shows.
68 Camaro SS / RS 500hp 439 inch roller cam big block 4L80E
79 Malibu TPI 350 4L60 w/ Z28 steering & sway bars
68 TT is offline   Reply With Quote