View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 11:31 PM   #23
OrrieG

Re: Lurker OrrieG Progress Pics

looking good, don't you have to install a check valve on your brake system since the MC sits so low? I thought I read that somewhere else? >>On street rods where the MC and proportioning valve can get below the calipers you need to. Mine sits above the calipers. I ran it in the same position but farther forward (no booster) for 10 years without a problem.

Was it an original 2WD in 59? >>Yes with 235, three speed, original Arizona truck<<

When did it turn 4x4? >>1985. I just dropped the 74 axles, tranny and transfer into the frame. Engine got tired and rust was getting pretty bad around 98 so I decided to do the frame off on it<<

I'm doing a 68 so I don't have a clue about 59's. My buddy is doing a 2WD 59 Apache though.... I like that it's still original frame and now a newer frame and drivetrain with a 59 body. >>Obviously thats the way I like them too. You'd be surprised how similar the 55-78's are. I'd like to think that the Chevy engineers were actually thinking that we might swap some of the "newer" stuff into the older trucks. Example: The 74 emergency brake mechanism bolts right up to the 59 hood bolts (you need to drill out the studs on the bracket and thread in longer bolts)Makes for a nice way to get rid of the multilever stock mechanism.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote