Thread: 66 k20
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 06:38 PM   #80
Short 3/4

Re: 66 k20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdl71 View Post
Still fighting brakes. All 4 wheels have new shoes, as much new hardware as I could get and new drums on the rear. I've replaced every inch of steel line, all 4 wheel cylinders, and all 3 hoses. There are still about 3 or 4 connections I can't get to stop leaking. I cut and flared all my own lines so it looks like I'm going to have to redo a few fittings. I'm not liking the way the front hoses came out with the various unions and reducers but it's my only option right now. I had to order parking brake cables for a 75 or so 3/4 ton which are much shorter so I need to make something for each side to get from there to the frame lever as well as some way to adjust them. If this ever gets sorted out, next on my list is plug wires (HEI with rams horn manifolds, ugh!) and addressing the leaking valve cover gaskets.
I had same problem finding park brake cables. Sent away for custom made from a company in S Cal, called 'Control Cables' I think ( can look up for you if needed ). I sent what was left of originals to them to show what ends were needed, along with lengths I wanted, and they were able to make new ones with all new ends. They were very helpful.
Good luck,
Tom
NoSpin HO72 4.10 rear
Short 3/4 is offline   Reply With Quote