View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 10:12 PM   #105
brimc

Re: 86 Silverado K20 12V CUMMINS Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 250r View Post
I like the build but i questioned the motor mount metal thickness until i re-read the thread i was thinking it was 1/8in because it looked thin but you say its 3/16 to me i personally would've made it a 1/4 since i know these motors are rattle traps but at work for some reason we put these motors in industrial drills with tube frames that are 1/8in thick and solid mount the motors =-/ So i guess it'll be okay lol nice build keep it up
I really appreciate this comment. I spent a long time thinking and researching before I pulled the plug on that part of the project. Yes they are 3/16 but I still believe they are overkill for this project. If I was going to up the HP and TQ big time I would have went 1/4. Definitely gotta be better than the stockers.

On the next project truck, one thing for sure, the next set I build will be better than the last ones!

1986 Chevrolet K20 Silverado 12 Valve CUMMINS P Pumped Intercooled/Getrag360/Divorced NP205/10B/14BFF Detroit Locker - DD Canadian Winter Beater.

My Chevrolet CUMMINS Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=585509
brimc is offline   Reply With Quote