View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 08:38 PM   #108
brimc

Re: 86 Silverado K20 12V CUMMINS Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6BT 56 View Post
Looking good . I am likeing those gauges. I will be checking there website for sure . I am so tired of this winter !!!!! Burned up all my firewood . I have ALWAYS had some left . Guess I will know better for the future . Burning furnace oil at $1.20 ish pr L and up really burns me . I had so many plans this winter and it just kept coming and coming . Will be glad to see temps in the + thats for sure . Any plans to get a tc under there ? A divorced 205 is hard to find i bet . I always giggle to my self when I see the pics of the truck with the 2 tone paint . Reminds me of when it lived down the street and was always rollig thru Coldwater covered in mud So nice to see it getting the proper attention . I always liked the 2 tone . Really looks good on these trucks
I hear ya on the winter. WOW. My wood pile and oil tank are nearing empty as well. Probably double the fuel than last year.
I have 3 options for the T/C. ( 4 if I go 2wd ) I keep scanning the adds for NP205's. I figure I might as well hold out until a good deal. I want to go divorced. 2nd would be change out the tail on my current getrag and put on a 205 from a 1st Gen. ( only because mine is recent rebuild and good clutch ) 3rd is swap out the front axle to a driver drop and go NV4500 or 5600 or G56 and T/C from the same.
I remembered when you mentioned coldwater that I was going to put up some more history about the truck and never did. Here is an appraisal from 1997 when the truck had it's first rebuild.

Hopefully as soon as the weather warms up some, more truck building

1986 Chevrolet K20 Silverado 12 Valve CUMMINS P Pumped Intercooled/Getrag360/Divorced NP205/10B/14BFF Detroit Locker - DD Canadian Winter Beater.

My Chevrolet CUMMINS Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=585509
brimc is offline   Reply With Quote