View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 02:36 PM   #16
tdangle

Re: 200-4r transmission questions/opinions

I just finished a TH350 to 200-4R swap in my 70 C20. I had to move the cross member back to the TH400 mounting holes, the driveshaft fit perfect. I made my own TC lockup wiring, by wiring bringing the TC lockup solenoid ground to a NO 4th gear pressure switch and then running ign switched 12V thru a newer brake light switch to the solenoid. Only locks in 4th and disconnects when I hit the brakes

Trans cooler lines were easy, they are switched (in/out) from the TH350. I was able to just reroute them a little and hooked right up. (I do have an aux cooler which is highly recommended)

Also needed metric bolts for the flywheel to TC mounting, metric bolts for the trans mount (used my mount from the TH350). Bought new drive and driven speedo gears. The speedo cable hooked up no problem

For the TV cable I used the cable that came on the donor trans. I still have the stock quadrajet 4BBL. I bought a bracket from TCI that mounts on the back studs of the carb. I picked up a TV stud assembly made by holly and was able to use the forward lower hole on the carb linkage. It was just about perfect per the diagrams I found on the internet. Everything seems to work fine so far. Dropped the RPM at just over 60 from around 3000 to 2000 with my 4.11 gear ratio

1970 Custom Camper/C20 , GM Crate 350/7004R, Dana 60, factory AC
tdangle is offline   Reply With Quote