Thread: Cab corners
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 09:51 AM   #39
MARTINSR

Re: Cab corners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
But one less IS a big deal. At least to me. Doing it “right” to me makes a lot more sense than the “one more won’t hurt” logic.
Dan, the ENTIRE cab is made up of lap, pinch welds, the entire thing. And it's made "properly" so if it had one more part welded to it that same exact way at the factory, that would be a bad way?

If the lap weld is done properly, it's not like adding "one more bad thing" it's just like the factory built it! Hell, in 49 they welded on that strip for the windlace with a "lap" style weld, spot welded right over the metal, no butt, just laid it over the metal around the door opening and spot welded it, how dare them! So that 49 cab is somehow "done wrong" over the 48 cab which didn't have that windlace retainer spot welded there?

I just try to keep it real, not all of us can do the perfect job. And if that lap weld is done properly and cleaned and weld through primer is applied and then it's sealed off well, it's damn near as good as a butt weld. The truck get's done and they are on the road with a smile on their face!

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote