View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 06:43 PM   #69
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Bigass Farm Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
You Sir are an animal.
Found this thread. Didn't realize you had started building another truck. Cool Man, Cool.
Read through it, Sorry to hear about the broken bones awhile back, Congrats on the new place and bride.
An animal? Well, I can't argue that, otherwise I'd be mineral or vegetable. I'm also building a new 350 to drop into my 71. But that's a pretty easy job there. Thanks for the empathy for my shoulder. It aches enough now on the cold damp days to thank you itself out loud. If you ever get anywhere near your childhood home you HAVE to stop in. I can use all the help I can get.

We just got home from a trip to the new Vikings stadium where the World of Wheels show was held. Cool cars, many of them I've seen at the local shows already but there were some I'd seen pics of online and some new stuff. Lots of good stuff for inspiration and ideas. I also got to meet Gene Winfield. Got the autographed poster (for a small fee).

Yesterday I got the AC condenser mounted. I just cut a couple sheetmetal pieces to make some brackets for the lower mounts. I had to tack weld the one on the passenger side for a little strength.

And I got the tranny cooler lines connected. I'll add an external cooler another time. I don't really care for the ones I got laying around here now. I know what I want, just need to stop back at the junkyard to grab one.

Maintaining progress and whittling that list down...
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote