View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 09:36 AM   #1
DanSaco

700r4 lockup help

Swapped the quadrajet for an edelbrock, realized pretty quickly that the lockup was now non-functional so I read a ton online and still have trouble. Bought a kit from superior transmission, consisting of an oil temperature switch and some wires. Instructions don't really address a non-computerized vehicle. Installed in the 4th gear pressure port, ran wire to A terminal on transmission plug, other wire from oil pressure switch to a dash switch. Other two wires I first cut off and connected to each other, blew a fuse at switch so I then ran one of them (D) to ground. Stopped blowing the fuse at least, test drive and lockup worked right at first but then reverted back to not working and heating up the transmission. If I understand correctly, I am sending 12+to temp switch, when pressure closes the switch I'm sending 12+ to A terminal and thus to solenoid inside to cause lockup. But some of info I've read indicates it should ground the solenoid.
I am trying to do this as simply as possible, without a vacuum switch and without going through the brake light switch. If anyone can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.
It's a 1986 GMC K25 350 with a supposedly 'built' 700r4, worked flawlessly before I messed with the carburetor.
Thank you.
Posted via Mobile Device
DanSaco is offline   Reply With Quote