View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 10:39 PM   #21
BlueChipCal

Re: 57 GMC / C4 Build

Made some more progress on the bed.
Rolled some custom mini-tubs and got those installed. 4" was enough to give me 1" of clearance on the back side of the wheel. I didn't end up narrowing the corvette rear end so I am running the stock offset wheels. I haven't picked out the final wheels for this build. Hopefully I didn't limit myself too much with this offset.

Got my new tailgate built and placed where I like it. Also mocked up the bumper I bought. It is going to need some work to get it to look good on there. I was a bit surprised to see that was curved like the front bumper. Looks like they were from the same stamp except for the license plate notch. Not sure if I bought the wrong part or if this is how they are. The truck didn't have a rear bumper on it when I bought it. I guess I'm going to have to cut it up and straighten it out. Luckily I didn't spring for the chromed bumper because I figured it would need some work to get it to fit right.

Got the steps tacked back together as well.

Something about that detail that just ties the whole truck together and makes things feel more connected.