View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 09:05 AM   #1
gene_champ

1949 3100. restoring - some questions.

hi, new on this patr of the site. about 10 years ago, i bought a 1949 chevy 3100 5 window at estate auction. it was from the original owner, and had been in regular use on his farm. very good used condition. i drove it as a hobby until i made arrangments with a professional restorer to get it redone.

i do need a few parts, since some originals might be more money to repair than replace. the running boards, front of box, cab corners, are some. also need to redo the interior. gauge fronts, headliner, ect.

i told the guy to use his own judgement as to what was worth repairing, or should be replaced. to save money, i an removing parts to take to him. i have running boards, fenders, box off now, and doing more as i have time.

i have a lmc catalog. how is stuff from them, price wise and quality wise? are there others to choose from that are better for some things?

i intend to to the machiancal stuff myself. the 216 engine has been rebuilt before i got it, and runs great.

i welcome any tips or advise, as i am new to this. i will post pics as i have time.

thanks.
2001 chevy impala ls 3.8l
1965 honda s90
gene_champ is offline   Reply With Quote