View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 07:58 PM   #185
1956cameo

Re: Left for dead: 72 2wd blazer build

Sylfred, Thanks for the compliment. Post pics of your rig. I could use the inspiration!

Well I must be staying busier than I thought. I worked on the blazer a week and a half ago and forgot to updade! I started back up where I left off on the P/S quarter panel. When I put the D/S patch panel on I aligned it by laying it over the body crease on the original panel. However once it was cut off the patch panel ended up bieng a 1/2 inch too short. So on this side I lined the patch up to how well it looked against the door and didn't pay any attention to the body crease on the patch vs. the body crease on the quarter panel. By doing this the P/S quarter panel patch lined up much better than the D/S one did. I also thought it was funny that I bought both patches from the same place but one was by GoodMark and the other was Counterpart.

A whole lot of new metal went into this area. Suprisingly the panels all line up really well to each other and the door.

The next section I focused on was the rotten area at the top of the P/S bed panel.

As always out with the old and rusty. I cut out the donor section from a parts truck but didn't get a pic of it in place.

Since I was at a stopping point for the day on the metal work, but wasn't ready to go home I started taking all of the parts fastened to the firewall off of the blazer.

I should be getting back to the blazer this weekend and updating shortly after. I had been working on smaller parts at home during the work week, but now that it gets dark so early and is cold that extra progress has slowed.

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry

Last edited by 1956cameo; 12-07-2010 at 08:01 PM.
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote