View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 03:48 PM   #22
MARTINSR

Re: Rivet a firewall

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
Martin. ..which one of the evercoat adhesive do you recommend? ...I've got a ongoing progect for a overhead console to hold a radio....I can partially fasten it with screws above the rearview but as it comes across the inner roof its gonna need (glued) to hold it...its a single panel roof so I can't use screws
I am not using them so I don't know, it's pretty basic though, if it says the adhesive for metal, get that one for metal. If it says for plastic, get that one for plastic.

800813 looks like the one. Notice that they don't say "structural" for liability reasons! But there are very similar products that do.

Notice that they will often be very similar and only change by the cure time. The longest cure time is not a big deal, put it together and leave it for the day, it's not like you are going to be needing to unclamp it in the next hour to go to a show.

But at the same respect, look at the heat needed, you don't want to bond it and leave it over night when it drops to 20 degrees in the garage, that is NOT good with these bonding adhesives. Always look at the heat needed and give it accordingly.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote