View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 04:02 PM   #2525
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by knomadd View Post
If the oil mist/film is on the drivers side, check the oil cooler port that you've probably put a bypass cap on. Mine has a small leak because the damn factory metal "gasket" doesn't work very well. I may end up putting some "right stuff" on it later. I don't know if it would contribute to a whole quart of oil going unaccounted for. Otherwise, pull your throttle body and check the inside of the intake for a film. The catch can might not be working very well. Grasping at straws here, but hoping it might spark something to help you find the source.
The oil mist is on both sides, although it seems heavier on the passenger side. However, I'll check the port anyway and look at the intake as well. Thanks for the suggestions, Duane.

I finished up the plumbing and tested the lines and the regulator. It came preset at 61psi from Aeromotive. Only had one small leak in the lines and tightening the fitting a bit more fixed that. I cranked the engine over and it fired on the first try. Not only that, but it's fired instantly each subsequent time. With the vacuum reference line hooked up, the fuel pressure drops to 55psi with the engine running. If the regulator works like it's designed, the fuel pressure should approach 61psi at full throttle.

The serpentine belt still squeals like a pig, but it's on my list of things to fix. Time to get busy putting a few things back together for a change.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote