View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 10:51 AM   #9
ChevyTech

Re: 1990 brake light switch

The wire colors don't match what I have, put it does sound the the cruise switch in the column is working ok.

Quote:
and i didnt check to see if one of the terminals would got hot when i pressed the brake pedal. (i just thought about that).
That is the most important thing to check.
Quote:
someone on another site said his problem was the "electro motor cruise control " box under the hood on drivers side firewall. should i try that next ?
That is a low failure part. It is the least likely to be the problem.

Here are the wire colors for testing at the module for1993. At lest some if not all should match.

1993 Cruise module wire colors:
Pink wire with black stripe = power in from gage fuse
Black with white stripe = Ground
Brown wire = power back from brake switch (and clutch on manual transmission vehicles)
Dark blue wire = Set & coast - signal from cruise switch
Dark green wire = Resume & accelerate - signal from cruise switch
Gray wire = power from cruise switch
White wire = to PCM – (TCM on diesel engines)
Red with white stripe = Vehicle speed signal from DRAC module

Unplug the wire connector from the cruise module on the cruise unit under the hood.
Check for power on the Pink wire with black stripe (with the key on) – there should be power.
Check for power on the Gray wire (with the key on and cruise switch on) – there should be power.
Check for power on the Brown wire (not touching the brake pedal) – there should be NO power.
Check for power on the Brown wire (while the brake pedal is pushed) – there should be power.
ChevyTech is offline   Reply With Quote