View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 01:59 PM   #18
Classic Heartbeat
Project Junkie! Fishing Poor!!

Re: Classic Heartbeat 69-72 Blazer Body Mount Kit.....

Well I hopefully have some good news for everyone. After speaking to the company that I had selected to make the bushings, the company representative compared everything that I sent them to their inventory of parts. Particularly parts that were in development or had been developed. He informed me that they already had 1500 of the upper and lower cushions that go under the bed. They also have the core support bushings. At the time they were developed they wanted to assemble a complete kit. That for reasons unknown to him they never went beyond the cushions and didn't source the hardware. Therefor never produced the kit. This is where I come in. I told them to send me a couple of samples so I can compare them to new old stock that I have and give me a price to buy all of their inventory. That is potentially 6000 pieces in total!! The only cushion they don't make is the front cab mount cushions and I already have a USA made source for those. Keep in mind this is only an update and is not written in stone. I still have to compare the product to Genuine GM and come to an agreement on a price. I am only a small company and can only do so much, because we are also in the middle of developing our new exclusive 60-66 gas filler grommets.

For those of you that are wondering if these are the same cushions that LMC sells or perhaps the ones that I use to sell, the answer is no. This is a completely different manufacturer, the same that produces our 2" gas filler grommets. I hope to be able to offer a lifetime warranty with these but may be limited because the company that makes the front cab mount cushions does not. Then you are also talking about hardware that is steel that although will be plated, will rust sometime down the road. But hey the existing hardware lasted 40 years anyway...

If all goes as planned I hope to have complete kits ready within a month or two. Keep your fingers crossed. Remember I can't do anything that could break my company. The products that I develop come at a great cost and take sometimes years to recover that. I have already developed 34 products that are exclusive to Classic Heartbeat, and I do feel the financial strain of that. But my hope is in my heart of hearts, that the quality of the products we offer will shine through and keep our customers both new and old coming in for that. WES
Call us Toll Free (888) 338-2502
Like Us on Facebook
No appointment necessary.
72 BB Chevy Custom Deluxe / Custom Camper
67 I-6 (Soon to be 5.7 LS1) Panel
68 BB Chevy Short Bed
72 6.0 LQ9 Short Bed Chevy 4X4
Olympia's fastest growing truck parts supplier.
Olympia's home for Wayward Chevys
Classic Heartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote