Thread: Mike's 50
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 12:02 PM   #344
Scott2

Re: Mike's 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKESAD50 View Post
Scott the number from Summit was Der-15850.
I've just started driving and using data from TCM it is showing temps in the 200-215 or so range so far. I haven't been in high heat but slower traffic in the 80's. I also have not mounted the right side running board so could be getting extra air.
I plan on talking to my transmission guy about temps, the GM program shows red in the 240* range
Mike - thanks! It's great to see your truck running and driving - you're giving me new inspiration! I keep going back thru your thread - you did a great job and the info is really helpful.

On the cooler - I see there is at least one larger size as well - any reason you picked this one - maybe fit? Your tranny does seem to be running hot - I doubt it's the cooler sizing but I also did not see how you routed the lines. Did you loop through the radiator and the cooler both?

Also another question - from your post 218 - your brake pedal looks a bit high and you were going to adjust for clearance to the column. Where did you end up with it on height from the floor? Mine is currently at about 8" and feels too high. I am thinking about scavenging a pedal arm from the u-pick yard and lowering it a couple of inches. Thoughts on this?

Thanks again - great build and love to see it running!