View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 07:37 PM   #3
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

There were a couple 67-72 trucks in the same yard, so I scrounged what I could for the Jimmy. Got some misc light lenses, brake and e-brake foot pads, little things like that. Probably the best score was a 2 core radiator.

In the Jimmy was a complete set of Chevy 4x4 hubcaps in very good condition, will be selling those. Also the original jack and hand crank (selling that too), and a headlight (one was broke).

I found a sweet deal on some other parts from a fellow board member that was trying to clear out what he had left. He had sold his truck and was getting rid of the leftover parts. For a total of $150.00 I got a passenger bed side for a Jimmy (good condition) pair of brand new floor pans, rear hatch (needs a little fiberglass work), a tilt steering auto shift column (too long to use for truck), a chevy tailgate band (selling) and a piece of a 67 grill (upper trim I think, selling).

The new floor pans will be going into my truck. The homemade pans in my truck will be used on the Jimmy. The hatch I will repair and install fairly soon.

Hard to judge prices for my Jimmy, the floor pieces are $30 each usually, so that leaves $90. We'll call it $90.00 for the Jimmy for a total of $459.99.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote