View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 09:49 PM   #103
Old57

Re: 57 GMC, frame swap, 4wd, 454 big block, 4 speed

I haven't done much on the truck lately with holidays and work, but I got a few more parts in. I was planning to use the brake/clutch pedal assembly from the 73 donor truck, but I wasn't happy with how it looked and fit. I searched for options, and thought about building something, then I came across this firewall mounted brake/clutch pedal assembly from Kugel Komponents. It'll fit perfect, looks clean and simple, and will fit with an 8" power brake booster and clear the clutch master cylinder. I'll add a triangulated brace from it to the dash at the column drop, and up to the cowl. I also got a high volume aluminum short water pump for the big block, a 3hp high torque mini starter, an HEI distributor and plug wires, and a straight polished stainless steering column with a column drop and lower column mount. I ordered an American Auto Wire turn signal toggle switch (PN 500148) for the dash, but it isn't here yet. That will keep the column nice and clean, and no bulky bolt on signal assembly. Today, I installed the HEI, starter, water pump, and steering column, but I didn't get pics of that. I'll get the pedal assembly in and then get a few more pics before long.
Attached Images