View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 05:39 PM   #18
diveplane

Re: Something to tinker with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Bear View Post
Figured I should start a build thread on my next project, a 1992 Chevy 1500 W/T.

Picked it up a week ago, previous owner said it had "no compression" and was a non-runner. Pretty solid and rust-free body with only a few dents and dings.

Has been in some degree of a fender bender as it has a wrecking yard hood and a wrinkle in the top of the core support. I think the "damn-it" on the front of the fender is unrelated to what wrinkled the core support and cracked the grille, but can't say for sure.

The non-running condition has been identified as either blown head gasket(s) or cracked head(s). It still turns over, so was not overheated to the point of seizing-up the 4.3, but it will have a V-8 in some point down the road.

Here are some pictures to give an idea of what I am starting out with and other than the V-8 swap, the only real plan or direction at the moment is to shrink it from a long bed to a shorty.

I know that is going to bring out the nay-sayers, the "just buy a short-bedders" and such...but around here they are not cheap when they can be found or are 4x4's and I want a 2WD.

And, having less than $600.00 invested, which includes UHaul rental, fuel and title transfer, it is more than a cheap enough starting point to give this a go.

Here are some pictures of what I have accumulated this week. Will be a very slow project as I have lots of other commitments that will push this back, but sadly, that is how life goes...at least I am still in it!!
wow nice

btw i have the 1994 brochure the v8 is not that bigger in power to much and torque really ,the v6 is not a bad motor at all specially if u have manual gearing like mine, says in brochure here it was the biggest v6 on the road back in 1994.
diveplane is offline   Reply With Quote