View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 07:29 PM   #1357
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Still going. More pics from the road and getting parked at another event...

The yellow vette is my friends. He was in a group there that went as far as St Louis. A couple of them in that group do this almost every year. I followed along with them part of the day.

My kids love Steak N Shake. I love the shakes. Pretty much mandatory to have one if you eat there. I think it's a rule...

The wait was a long one getting into Gateway Motorsport Park. About 1.5 hours in 90F plus heat. Even with the new radiator I ended up pulling off to the side for about 5 minutes to shut it down and cool off. New fans next winter.

Once we were in I got a spot by the race gas pumps...

Finnegan was asked to autograph the baby.

My girl friend is Connie. She used to live on a farm. We are now trying to buy that same farm back. Weird how things circle around sometimes.

We had bad news the first night on the road. Our dog has been having some health problems but when I left Saturday morning she seemed ok. That night my daughter called, very distraught and said Emma was having a hard time standing or moving and breathing funny. I got ahold of the vet on the emergency number and made arrangements for Connie to pic up some more meds for her the next morning. She didn't survive the night. My daughter, though she is 18 and a mature young lady, was devastated and had to take care of things on her own. Of course I felt aweful about not only losing one of the best pets we ever had but that my daughter had to handle it on her own.

Sunday night we were in Champagn, IL and I found an appropriate place to eat. Emma was a black springer spaniel.

And even found a good beer to toast her memory by...

After the day in St Louis we stayed at friends place NW of there.

After a few days of running like this it was nice to sit down with friends and have a home cooked meal...
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote