View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 11:16 PM   #46
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: Thompson power blast plate- Carb innovation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalC20LWB View Post
Called and spoke to them yesterday, put one on order, should be here tomorrow. The guy I spoke to on the phone said there is a lot of skepticism about their product, as is reflected in the responses here. He mentioned that ethanol does not atomize as well as gas, so maybe that is why GM did not develop something like this decades ago when gas was ethanol free. Here in Cali, where the state is actually trying to regulate cow farts to control global warming, I'm sure there is a less than zero percent chance non ethanol gas will ever be available again. So, if this $40 device helps to more efficiently burn the gas, then I'm all in, regardless of how much it costs to make the part. Wish I would have thought of it first! Sure cheaper than spending four figures on an EFI system to completely modernize the fuel system. Will report back with results after install.
The cattle can be given a feed that reduces methane emissions. Can't make this stuff up-

https://foodtank.com/news/2017/06/se...hane-emission/

As far as the GM engineers go, I'd be willing to bet that they're on top of whatever is required for emissions and power. They did catch up late on the quality and mileage. But if you look at the way the automotive industry has cycled in the last few decades, you will see that people in the US want something big, but when gas prices rise, sales fall, and when gas prices drop, sales rise. If I could find a good alternative to get the power and mileage out of my truck, I'd do it if I could get my money's worth. I'm 65. I could do a balls-out LS install on my truck, get 13 MPG on a good day, and not see breakeven on the cost before I died...and it wouldn't be original.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote