View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 06:55 PM   #76
ncpetersc

Re: Help a NOOB - A continuing saga

CARB QUESTIONS:

The consensus seems to be that this carb is messed up. I am going to try to ask for a refund on the rebuild but want to make sure I have my ducks in a row.

Before AussieinNC noticed my distributor out of place, it was seeping fuel, and I did see fuel puddling at the accelerator pump. But since working on the timing, I have not seen it. So...

Question 1: Could the timing have cause the fuel seeping/puddling, or should a newly rebuilt carb basically never do this?

Question 2: Is this new problem with the carb making sucking sounds an indication that it was not done right?

Question 3: Are there other things you guys saw in pictures or my experience that lead you to believe the carb was not rebuilt correctly?

In the end, I am sure I will have to eat the loss, and chalk it up to "experience" as someone put it. But I am going to call them and try to get a refund. Gotta give it a shot. I just hope they don't say, "bring it in, we'll re-do it". Don't think I want to go back there.

So in the meantime I guess its time to start researching sources for a new one or rebuild deal. A GOOD ONE!

Thank you all again, and HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!
ncpetersc is offline   Reply With Quote