View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 08:18 AM   #475
KyleSeal

Re: My 1967 Build (Finally)

Exhaust is done! Aside from deciding if Im going to coat this section or leave raw, but I am very happy with the outcome. It was rather tough though, working under something when trying to create a specific angle is a challenge, your whole perception is modified. Basically how I came up with my proper location was to set it up with some jack stands and decide where looked best, and build from the tip back to the flange. Otherwise I feared I would paint myself into a corner. Thankfully my welder and hands were cooperating and I was able to put down some reasonable welds. Given I do mostly rust repair and tack welds, running a bead can be a challenge to grasp. But I am enthused with it! Its really amazing how much this section of exhaust changed the sound, without it 'boomboxing' under the truck bed.

I have a video of it running on Facebook and will put on Instagram for those who follow on there, I may put some stuff on YouTube so I can link it here as well.

Name:  IMG_5263.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  97.3 KB Name:  IMG_5275.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  117.1 KB
Name:  IMG_5280.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  118.9 KB Name:  IMG_5281.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  81.9 KB

My Build Thread (1967 C10, lowered, EFI, daily truck): http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=830809
KyleSeal is offline   Reply With Quote