View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 07:40 PM   #7
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Thanks guys!! I wasn't too sure about the color til I saw this pic of a '67 Nova SS. Didn't take me long to decide that I liked it and wanted a set of redlines! I'm planning to eventually get a set of 18" steelies made to take the original hubcaps, and a set of 18" redlines from Diamondback Radials for the truck. I'll run the stock wheels for now until I can justify spending ~$2500 on tires and wheels.

Chevyrestoguy, you're right about the rust issue. These trucks also didn't have very good seam-sealing from the factory so the seams just held moisture inbetween the panels. I'll be using weld-thru primer and plenty of epoxy seam sealer in the areas I can get to while I'm doing the metalwork.

One more pic of the truck. I came across the glove box door while digging through one of the boxes of parts and discovered that it still had the option code sheet on it! Decoded the vin and found out that the truck was built in Atlanta. The "custom group" option name is on there twice with two different codes; anybody know of a list of these codes and descriptions for each code?

Last edited by theastronaut; 12-07-2012 at 12:37 PM.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote