View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 11:54 PM   #173
84chevyguyid

Re: 86 chevy crew cab 12 valve swap

Spent a little more time on the pickup and got a few more things done. Got the throttle cable hooked up, still need to finish up the bracket but I think I will wait till I get it running and make sure it works ok. Got all the hoses replaced on the fuel tanks and plumbed a pump in from the driver side tank to the passenger side tank so I can transfer fuel across. I mostly plan on running on the passenger side tank and use the driver side tank for reserve. Finished plumbing in the steering/hydrobooster, should be ready to put oil in. I been trying to figure out how to hook up some kind of a liquid to liquid trans cooler for a long time. I got a finned cooler that I mounted in front of the charge cooler and the guy from Derale says it should work but I always felt like it would be way too small. I have the big cooler from the bus but never could figure out a way to use it. I finally found a way to use it and got it mounted and the trans lines plumbed to it and am waiting for a few hoses and mandrel tubing to get here and I can get the radiator hoses plumbed to it. It has a big flat plate cooler inside it and if its big enough to work with a non locking 545 in a school bus it should do great with my 1000 allison. Here are a few pics.
Attached Images

84chevyguyid is offline   Reply With Quote