View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 09:10 AM   #1129
special-K
Special Order

Re: How about some pics of 88-98 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane View Post
Here are a few pics after a good wash n wax last weekend.
I dig the Sidewinders. I'll never understand why wheel companies discontinue the best wheels they offer to make way for flavor of the week crap. Outbacks and Sidewinders are wheels that stand the test of time and look just right on a truck...strong and stout, not frail like they belong on a Porche. same with M/T. They discontinued the Challengers and whatever the 5-spoke star type wheels they offered. Even Alcoa duallies are discontinued. They are the 1t version of the real thing found on big trucks...WTH?

Anyway, since there is no picture sticky for Suburbans and mine is certainly a truck, here is the most non-descript boring vehicle I have ever owned . It's an ex-police K-9 unit from Cobb County GA's Sheriff Dept. Used to haul Bloodhunds for manhunts and search & rescue. Plain Jane, 350/4L80E, 4.10, skid plates, hydroboost, full-floating rear. I have plans but here it is as I bought it in December and how it is yet. so far i've cranked the torsion bars a bit, dual exhaust, and privacy tint. I'm ready to install the 255/85s on Accuride wheels from my former GMC. Been waiting for chevy caps that are on their way:
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote