View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 04:42 PM   #56
Maximus

Re: Are you guys as disappointed with 07 and up chevy trucks as i am?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM-power View Post
^ I agree, takes me maybe 10 minutes to do both.
I can finagle the headlights out in just a few minutes, but the daytime running lights.... they are too low... thats a 2 hour job...3

Headlight beef aside, I dont have any other real "Are you kidding me" reactions to my own '07 Tahoe, or the '14 Silverado I drive daily (Employer owned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
This has been a very discouraging thread for someone considering the possibility, however remote, of one day owning a new Silverado. There are some happy owners, but many are unhappy enough to make a prospective buyer look elsewhere. Not the least issue is poor headlamp performance, which really should not even be worth mentioning, but somehow GM can't even make good lighting anymore. I'll keep what I have, indefinitely if necessary, but it would be nice to have an acceptable replacement vehicle if I ever decide to make a change.

Just had to vent -- it's so frustrating that GM can't (or won't) do a better job.
My daily driver '14 silverado has the standard headlight package (not the Xenon) and I have never had a complaint about visibility. Everyone has their own standards, but I see fine at night.

The new trucks are pretty crazy, I always have to remind myself I am in a pickup... the dual sealed doors make the cab so tight my ears get weird when I shut the doors sometimes. I would recommend one to my friends in family if they were in the market (helped in-laws locate a '15 Tahoe and they are thrilled with it.

One thing to remember, unhappy customers will always look for a platform to express frustration, while happy people wont waste their time because its not a priority...

Last edited by Maximus; 05-24-2017 at 04:51 PM.
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote