View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 08:32 PM   #8
jasonroman

Re: new to me...97 tahoe 4x4...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVRLET View Post
You can lower using torsion keys or do a coil over conversion. I lowered my 4x4 Tahoe with the Maxxcam adjustable torsion key and a flip kit in the rear. This is a 4/6 drop on 22s
sweet looking truck!!!!
this is again my first 4x4 EVER...never thought i would sit behind the wheel of a 4x. anyway- i guess ill start looking for info on torsion bars.
as for the flip- other trucks I've had to notch frame with a flip- c10s and pick ups i had in the past up to 98-
is a notch needed?
you when that low up front by just turning whatever the torsion key is??? thats sic.

guess ill try and do some searching around for info.. i always had it in my head that 4x4 would be hard to drop due to the whole 4x4 thing.
i saw a kit that had spindles and shackles and hangers i think- under 400 which i thought was pretty good.
id love to slam it. but i dont have big bucks..... just trying to get out of the sky

i also saw a similar kit that had not spindles just the keys.??

id like to keep the 4x4 function i guess. will change wheels if needed down the road. for now. just like to get a little lower and find out any other issues i end up with . truck sat for a long time. dirty pig. has some rusty spots on roof. gas gauge needle is pinned at 3 o'clock.
i was hearing a clunk noise up front driver side. got under to look and noticed the shock has NO BUSHING. so the clank is that . anyone know if i can get a bushing or do i need to just get new shocks for the front?

again thanks for any help. and PLEASE feel free to keep pics coming.

i saw the 4x2 lowered tahoe thread....

point me in the direction of a 4x4 one if there is one on here somewhere!!!

thanks again guys
jasonroman is offline   Reply With Quote